- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Use less heat, less hot water, less air conditioning.
- Drive less and drive smart.
- Use energy saving light bulbs.
- Turn off the tap when I brush my teeth.
- Not use plastic bags when shopping.
- Switch off my television or computer screen, rather than leave it on stand-by.
- Use my own water bottle, no more plastic bottled water.
- Insulate my home.
A Greener Home
- Save water by running full dishwasher loads on an economy cycle.
- Chop and prepare vegetables on a sheet of newspaper, gather it all up and throw in the compost bin, newspaper and all.
- Try to cut down on packaging and disposables.
- Cover bowls with a side plate or beautiful fabric rather than kitchen foil or cling film.
- Use cotton dishcloths, they last longer than sponges; cut up old shirts and sheets for cloths.
- Shop with only canvas or string bags.
- Say goodbye to plastic bags or at the very least reuse them.
- Buy energy efficient products.
A Greener Office
- Save paper by using the unused sides as scratch or scrap paper, or bind them together as notebooks.
- Turn off office lights when I am not in the room.
- Put computer to sleep mode if it idles for more than 15 minutes .